How to join SIMS
Both organizations and individuals can be SIMS members. However, individuals can only become SIMS members by joining an organization belonging to SIMS.
You may register as a member of SIMS by sending your application with your personal data to the address of one of the member organizations:
- Norway: NFA - Norsk Forening for automatisering, Kjøita 19, 4630 Kristiansand, Norway. Telephone: +47 90 90 92 94. E-mail: Director: Karin Sundsvik, , +47-911 42 570 Administrative coordinator: Barbro Berg Bakken, , +47-481 94 540
- Finland: Finnish Society of Automation, Asemapäällikönkatu 12 B, FI-00520 Helsinki, Finland. Tel: +358 50 400 6624, , http://www.automaatioseura.fi
- Denmark: Contact Danish Board members
- Sweden: Contact Swedish Board members
- Iceland: Contact Icelandic Board members
The benefits of SIMS members:
- All SIMS members are members of EUROSIM - the Federation of European Simulation Societies (http://www.eurosim.info/).
- Free subscription of the Journal Simulation Notes Europe (SNE), which is the official membership journal of EUROSIM, see http://www.sne-journal.org/
- 10-20% discount on conference fee when participating in conferences arranged by SIMS. 10-20% discounts on the conference fee when participating in conferences arranged by EUROSIM.
- Access to non-public part of SIMS web page, with interesting information on modelling and simulation
- SIMS individual members may be put on the SIMS mailing list, to receive information on simulation conferences, courses and other related events.
- SIMS organizational members may put their logo at an appropriate place on SIMS Web pages
- SIMS organizational members may announce events of interest in modelling and simulation via the SIMS mailing list and web pages.
The price for organizational members:
- 120 Euro/year basic fee
- 10 Euro/individual/year additional fee (from 2016).
- If individuals join later during the year (after July 1), the individual fee is reduced proportionally.
Please contact Vadim Engelson, regarding membership fees.