61st International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS 2020
The 61st International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS 2020, arranged as a Virtual Conference on September 22-24, 2020.
The SIMS conference will be organized every year by Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS. The background of this conference series is in the 60-years history of SIMS.
The program of the SIMS 2020 Conference will have a multi-conference structure with several special topics related to methodologies and application areas. The program includes invited talks, parallel, special and poster sessions, exhibition and versatile technical and social tours.
The conference is organized by Scandinavian Simulation Society (SIMS), Finnish Simulation Forum (FinSim), Finnish Society of Automation and University of Oulu.
The Scandinavian simulation society, SIMS, originates from Scandinaviska Analogmaskinsällskabet (SAMS), which was founded in 1959.
The Finnish Society of Automation (FSA), founded in 1953, is a forum for members and all automation users to disseminate technological experience and to advance professional skills. Finnish Simulation Forum (FinSim) is a division of FSA.
The Federation of European Simulation Societies, EUROSIM, was set up in 1989. The purpose of EUROSIM is to provide a European forum for regional and national simulation societies to promote the advancement of modelling and simulation in industry, research and development.
All the accepted camera-ready manuscripts have been received and editorial correction requests have been sent for some authors.
The conference program and publications need the following information and submissions:
- September 15, 2020, Submission information (Title, Abstract and Keywords) - Done
- September 15, 2020, Presentation need to be submitted in advance - Done
- October 15, 2020, Final extended abstract for the Book of Abstracts - Extended
- October 15, 2020, Reference list for the Proceedings
- October 30, 2020, Final corrections for the Proceedings
All the submissions should be done within the submission page at EasyChair.
The Proceedings has been published by Linköping University Press in Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings No. 176 :
ISSN: 1650-3686, eISSN: 1650-3740, ISBN 978-91-7929-731-2.
Submission Types and Schedule
Five types of contributions can be oﬀered to the SIMS 2020 conference:
– Scientiﬁc papers
must be written in English and will be accepted for presentation based on a peer review of the draft papers. The peer-reviewed conference articles will be published in Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings Series http://www.ep.liu.se/ecp/index.en.asp
– Industrial papers can be submitted as scientific papers. Additionally, industrial papers written in English, Finnish or Swedish can be submitted as full papers to be reviewed for publication in the conference proceedings published by The Finnish Society of Automation. Interesting case reports are welcomed as well.
– Extended abstracts:The presentation at the conference can also be accepted on the basis of extended abstracts without a full paper. Extended abstracts will be published by The Finnish Society of Automation
– Short papers:
Student/Discussion papers should follow the writing guidelines of scientiﬁc papers when applicable. The ﬁnal guidelines will be available in review phase. Selected short papers will be published by Journal SNE, https://www.eurosim.info/journal-sne
- Posters: Submissions are accompanied with short papers or extended abstracts.