63rd International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS 2022
The 63rd International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS 2022, will be organized in Trondheim, Norway, September 20-21, 2022.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in collaboration with Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet), University of Southeast Norway (USN), and University of Stavanger (UiS) invite you to submit a paper to SIMS2022.
The SIMS2022 conference will cover broad aspects of recent research and development work in modeling, simulation and optimization in engineering applications. The scientific program will include technical sessions with submitted papers, and possibly one poster session. Ph.D. students are especially encouraged to contribute with papers according to the conference themes.
The conference proceedings are intended to be open access published in Linköping Electronic
Conference Proceedings (peer reviewed) ISSN: 1650-3686 (print), 1650-3740 (online).
Registration for SIMS 2022 is open. Take advantage of the early bird registration with a reduced fee of 5010 NOK!
The regular registration fee after August 20 will be 5605 NOK.
We are looking forward to meeting you in September in Trondheim!
Your SIMS 2022 organizing team
- February 28 - (deadline is extended) Submission of 250-word abstract
- March 28 - Abstract notification of acceptance
- (Extended !) June 1 - Submission of 6-8 pages full paper for review
- June 29 - Full paper notification of acceptance and comments from the scientific committee
- August 20 - Camera-ready manuscript
- September 20-21 - SIMS conference
Please note the possibility to submit an extended abstract instead of a full paper. A special track “Presentation of emerging research” is planned for, which can be a summary of previously
published work within an emerging research topic. You will still need to submit a 250-word
abstract by February followed by the extended abstract in May. The extended abstract will be
part of the conference proceedings
Application areas include
- Modeling and simulation for design, planning, optimization, control, and monitoring
- Tools for modeling and simulation, numerical methods for simulation, novel techniques
- Visualization of modeling and simulation results
- Renewable energy systems: bioenergy and biofuels, geothermal, hydro, solar, thermal, wave, tidal, and wind energy
- Hydrogen technologies: production, storage and transportation, hydrogen value chain
- Energy systems: electric power, energy storage, fuel cells, heat pumps, industrial plants, energy use in buildings, power plants
- Transportation: automotive, hybrid and electrical vehicles, marine, infrastructure
- Industrial processes including carbon capture and storage, chemical processing, hydrogen production, oil and gas, and water treatment
- Cyber-physical systems
- Biosystems and medical systems
The abstracts are written in pre-defined text fields in the EasyChair submission system. It is suggested that you write your abstract in a Word-processing software and then copy-and-paste into the appropriate fields in EasyChair. The pdf attachment that is asked for is related to the full paper submission in case of abstract acceptance. No abstract pdf should be attached.
The abstract submission should include the following:
- Author names, email address, country and affiliation. The first author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have agreed to be co-authors. Please mark who is the corresponding author.
- Title which clearly indicates the research topics.
- Abstract text with maximum 250 words. Please include background, aims, methods, results (preliminary or final) and short discussion.
- 3-5 keywords.
You can follow us: