The abstracts are written in pre-defined text fields in the EasyChair submission system. It is suggested that you write your abstract in a Word-processing software and then copy-and-paste into the appropriate fields in EasyChair. The pdf attachment that is asked for is related to the full paper submission in case of abstract acceptance. No abstract pdf should be attached.
The abstract submission should include the following:
- Author names, email address, country and affiliation. The first author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have agreed to be co-authors. Please mark who is the corresponding author.
- Title which clearly indicates the research topics.
- Abstract text with maximum 250 words. Please include background, aims, methods, results (preliminary or final) and short discussion.
- 3-5 keywords.
Please note the possibility to submit an extended abstract instead of a full paper, particularly
for topics of significant industrial relevance. A special track “Presentation of emerging
research” is planned for, which can be a summary of previously published work within an
emerging research topic. You will still need to submit a 250-word abstract by February
followed by the extended abstract in May. The extended abstract will be part of the
Full Length Papers
- To meet the submission deadline authors must submit an abstract by March 10, 2023, and then a corresponding Full Paper by June 5, 2023.
- Abstracts will undergo a preliminary review to determine their relevance to the conference, and acceptance of an abstract does not guarantee acceptance of the full paper.
- If you already have a full paper ready, you are welcome to submit the full paper directly. However, your first submission should be done by the Abstract deadline.
- All required metadata and author information should be included, and the conference template should be used as a guideline. The length of the papers should be 6 to 8 pages. Please submit a single pdf file.
- Do not create a new profile when you submit the full paper for an already submitted abstract.
- Once the full manuscript has been submitted, the submission is complete and ready to be reviewed.
The final paper must be submitted in camera-ready format before August 20, 2023, and all papers must be presented live at the conference. Presenters are advised to prepare a 15 to 20 minutes presentation, followed by an 8 to 10 minutes Q&A session.
This year, you have the opportunity to present your research during poster sessions spread throughout the congress. The posters remain displayed throughout the congress to encourage exchanges and passionate discussions. However, authors are required to stand beside their posters during the session reserved for them. Ph.D. students and research master students are eligible for the poster session. During the poster session, a committee will be awarding a SIMS prize to best posters. Poster session is a different way to show your research compared to oral presentation.
Poster presenters can add a QR code linked to a presentation video describing your work or an extended abstract (max. 1 page). Instruction for QR code:
The conference proceedings