64th International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS 2023
The 64th International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS 2023, will be organized in Västerås, Sweden, September 26-27, 2023.
Mälardalen University (MDU) in collaboration with Linköping University (LiU) and Automation Region invite you to submit a paper to SIMS2023. Västerås is a city in central Sweden on the shore of Lake Mälaren in the province of Västmanland, located about 100 kilometers west of Stockholm. It is the fifth largest city in Sweden with a population of around 128,000 people. Västerås is an industrial city, with a strong economy based on manufacturing and technology.
The SIMS2023 conference will cover broad aspects of recent research and development work in modeling, simulation and optimization in engineering applications. The scientific program will include technical sessions with submitted papers, and a poster session. Ph.D.
students are especially encouraged to contribute with papers according to the conference themes.
- Modeling and simulation for design, planning, optimization, control, and monitoring
- Tools for modeling and simulation, numerical methods for simulation, novel techniques
- Visualization of modeling and simulation results
- Practical case studies of industrial automation
Application areas include
- Renewable energy systems: bioenergy and biofuels, geothermal, hydro, solar, thermal, wave, tidal, and wind energy
- Hydrogen technologies: production, storage and transportation, hydrogen value chain
- Energy systems: electric power, energy storage, fuel cells, heat pumps, industrial plants, energy use in buildings, power plants
- Transportation: automotive, hybrid and electrical vehicles, marine, infrastructure
- Industrial processes including carbon capture and storage, chemical processing, hydrogen production, oil and gas, and water treatment
- Cyber-physical systems
- Biosystems and medical systems
Submissions: Abstracts, Full Length Papers, Posters, Proceedings, Special Issues
Registration is open.
You can follow us:
SIMS 2023 Conference Submissions:
We are looking forward to meet you in Västerås!
- (February 15) March 10 - Submission of 250-word abstract Extended
- (March 15) March 31 - Abstract notification of acceptance Extended
- (May 15) June 5 - Submission of 6-8 pages full paper for review Extended
- June 29 - Full paper notification of acceptance and comments from the scientific committee
- August 20 - Camera-ready manuscript
- September 26-27 - SIMS conference
Please note the possibility to submit an extended abstract instead of a full paper, particularly for topics of significant industrial relevance. A special track “Presentation of emerging research” is planned for, which can be a summary of previously published work within an
emerging research topic. You will still need to submit a 250-word abstract by February followed by the extended abstract in May. The extended abstract will be part of the conference proceedings-